Larena’s queenly beauty is a sight to behold. It has a major port and so enjoys being the center of the island’s trade and commerce. Completed in 1889, the Campanario or the St. Vincent Ferrer bell tower in North Poblacion is made of coral stones and stands witness to the history of the island and testimony to the Siquijodnons’ strong reverence and devotion to the Catholic faith.

The town's surviving Hispanic-era structures are the remaining traces of Larena's colonial past.

Former headquarters of the Spanish Guardia Civil which is now used as the main building of the Larena Primary School.